Thread: Status Messages for Interaction Type.

Status Messages for Interaction Type.

We have agents on Media 2 Licences.

I was wondering if it was possible to have status's that would be specific to an interaction type.

Available - Calls (only routes calls to the agent)
    Available - Emails (only routes emails to the agent)

We want to block schedule agents for X hours per day to do customer emails. We don't want a supervisor sitting there activating workgroups as they get all messed up and agents get left activated and de-activated where they shouldn't be.

Blending is too complicated in our environment due to the 40+ different queues with handling times up to 12 minutes we end up losing control of our resource and minor queues end up waiting for agents to come off emails (up to 10 minutes).

We want to be able to have status's that route interaction types as above. In Aspect WFM we can set up the mapping so that RTA will alarm if an agent is not currently doing the correct work-type they are scheduled for.

Hi khikairo

Unfortunately, there is no way to differentiate the interaction media using the status messages in IA,
    out of the box.

However, I believe a quick workaround via handlers can achieve what you want by using the ACD Category
    feature. Basically we will assign agents to either the Calls or Emails ACD categories, and assign the
    Calls or Emails ACD categories to calls and emails interactions respectively.

This will result in agents with the Calls ACD category to be able to handle calls interactions, and
    agents with the Emails category to be able to handle the emails interactions.

I've listed the steps on what I did briefly below:

1. Create two new status messages for the Available-Calls, Available-Emails

2. Create a new handler that will run whenever the agent changes his status message (use User Status
    Monitor Initiator). This handler will assign the right ACD category (either Calls or Emails) to the
    agent.

3. In all the handlers which use the ACD Initiate Processing tool, prior to this step, query the
    interaction media and add the appropriate ACD category using ACD Specify Interaction Category tool.

This worked to a certain extent, as long as the agent is not changing his initial status to the other
    one (i.e from Available-Calls to Available-Emails, or vice versa).
    This is because once the status is changed, IC Client will send the agent availability for ACD calls to
    ACD server, even before our status monitor handler has a chance to run.

You can however, overcome this by using a client button that will run another handler which will assign
    the right ACD category to the agent, prior to changing the status.

In my test, the use of the client buttons gave a more comprehensive results, but your agents will have
    to use both the status message as well as client button. Not ideal, I know. This might be a candidate
    for enhancement, at http://ideas.inin.com

If you want to have a look at the handlers and IA settings, please drop me an email.

Good luck

Cheers
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by khikairo View Post
    We have agents on Media 2 Licences.

I was wondering if it was possible to have status's that would be specific to an interaction type.

Available - Calls (only routes calls to the agent)
    Available - Emails (only routes emails to the agent)

We want to block schedule agents for X hours per day to do customer emails. We don't want a supervisor sitting there activating workgroups as they get all messed up and agents get left activated and de-activated where they shouldn't be.

Blending is too complicated in our environment due to the 40+ different queues with handling times up to 12 minutes we end up losing control of our resource and minor queues end up waiting for agents to come off emails (up to 10 minutes).

We want to be able to have status's that route interaction types as above. In Aspect WFM we can set up the mapping so that RTA will alarm if an agent is not currently doing the correct work-type they are scheduled for.

Email routing

Sounds like an elegant solution.

Could the client button run the handler to assign the correct Acd category as well as change the status to "Available - Emails" without that status being user selectable perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hi khikairo

Unfortunately, there is no way to differentiate the interaction media using the status messages in IA,
    out of the box.

However, I believe a quick workaround via handlers can achieve what you want by using the ACD Category
    feature. Basically we will assign agents to either the Calls or Emails ACD categories, and assign the
    Calls or Emails ACD categories to calls and emails interactions respectively.

This will result in agents with the Calls ACD category to be able to handle calls interactions, and
    agents with the Emails category to be able to handle the emails interactions.

I've listed the steps on what I did briefly below:

1. Create two new status messages for the Available-Calls, Available-Emails

2. Create a new handler that will run whenever the agent changes his status message (use User Status
    Monitor Initiator). This handler will assign the right ACD category (either Calls or Emails) to the
    agent.

3. In all the handlers which use the ACD Initiate Processing tool, prior to this step, query the
    interaction media and add the appropriate ACD category using ACD Specify Interaction Category tool.

This worked to a certain extent, as long as the agent is not changing his initial status to the other
    one (i.e from Available-Calls to Available-Emails, or vice versa).
    This is because once the status is changed, IC Client will send the agent availability for ACD calls to
    ACD server, even before our status monitor handler has a chance to run.

You can however, overcome this by using a client button that will run another handler which will assign
    the right ACD category to the agent, prior to changing the status.

In my test, the use of the client buttons gave a more comprehensive results, but your agents will have
    to use both the status message as well as client button. Not ideal, I know. This might be a candidate
    for enhancement, at http://ideas.inin.com

If you want to have a look at the handlers and IA settings, please drop me an email.

Good luck

Cheers
    Sam

You can get even more elegant, if you wish, and run timer-initiated handlers that automatically change the users' status and category based upon Schedules set up in Interaction Administrator (use the custom handlers to see which schedule is in effect, then change users and categories and statuses based upon information stored in a Table or external database).

We used to teach something similar in our Advanced Handlers class (which, alas, no longer runs due to lack of interest).
    George Ganahl
    Principal Technology Consultant

Hi,

I have being looking to this solution. Just wondering if in recent versions there is no feature to accomplish this in a more native way.
    Seems pretty standard that if an agent has the capability to manage different types of channels (call, mail, chat..) it exists a dynamical way to change if he will be managing some interaction type in particular.

Regards,

Change Status Handler

I have a handler on AppFoundry that automatically changes the status of users on inbound and outbound calls whither ACD or not. I could adjust it to look at the media type and set the status accordingly.
    RobertWC

www.QoSTelesys.com

Help is only an email away!