Thread: Pause Agentless campaign when calls waiting...

Pause Agentless campaign when calls waiting...

Running into an issue with one of our agentless campaigns. Have setup Inbound ACD thresholds to check for a call waiting that should stop dialing, but the campaign still dials. Are Agentless campaigns not compatible with this setting, and if not, has anyone come up with a solution? I would call a handler from a policy/rule, but you can't pause a campaign in a Handler. Seems like I will need to build something custom for this.

If a campaign is Agentless, Dialer presumes it does not involve agents, and thus has no effect on Inbound ACD queues (since no queue is associated with an Agentless campaign).

Your best bet is to open a Support incident and get someone to look into how it is supposed to work, and if the design does not match what you need turn it into an enhancement request (you'd have to provide a business case that affects enough of a spectrum for Product Management to prioritize the change, if they don't see it as a bug).

You know...I retract that statement, since obviously an Agentless campaign forces you to associate a Workgroup Queue, and it lets you configure the Inbound queues to watch...

I recommend you open a Support case to see what is going on, and what the intended behavior is.
    Last edited by GGanahl; June 9th, 2017 at 11:51. Reason: Wrong info
    George Ganahl
    Principal Education Technology Consultant

You mention not being able to pause a campaign with a Handler, which you suggest you would call from a Rule or Policy?

I'm curious as to what the "Trigger" you are thinking of using for that Rule or Policy? Other than pausing the campaign, what else were you thinking you would have the Handler do?
    Paul Simpson
    Technical Sales Systems Engineer

Hi Seanatron, did you get the answer you were looking for? I'm curious to see how you configured this if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Hi Seanatron, did you get the answer you were looking for? I'm curious to see how you configured this if you did.
    The answer was to build something custom, and shortly after the ticket was closed the group this was for went Preview/Power anyway, so I did not pursue any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Wierdbeard65 View Post
    You mention not being able to pause a campaign with a Handler, which you suggest you would call from a Rule or Policy?

I'm curious as to what the "Trigger" you are thinking of using for that Rule or Policy? Other than pausing the campaign, what else were you thinking you would have the Handler do?
    I already have a PreCall Policy on this campaign with the initial condition begin DialMode == "Agentless" that could fire the Handler. My initial idea before I realized pausing was not an option in the handler was that the handler could read the configuration of the campaign and retrieve the list of configured workgroups, check if there were calls waiting, and if they were at a certain threshold pause the campaign. This has an issue though, since there is nothing to trigger the UnPausing of the campaign when there are no calls waiting.

It would seem the actual solution would be to build a monitoring "app" in Icelib that checks all configured workgroups for calls waiting.