Thread: Is there a way to call Subroutine by using IceLib?

Is there a way to call Subroutine by using IceLib?

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to invoke a subroutine by using IceLib without having to create a separate handler with custom notification initiator?

Thanks!

None that I'm aware of.

You could create a SOAP or REST listener, but that wouldn't be using IceLib, you could call it from C# / VB / Java or whatever code as needed.

Is there a reason the custom notification doesn't work? It really seems to be an elegant and 100% reliable solution. (in terms of bidirectional communication with IP). If you flesh out your use case just a bit, we might be able to offer some advice or at least commiserate with you.

Quote Originally Posted by loucks View Post
    None that I'm aware of.

You could create a SOAP or REST listener, but that wouldn't be using IceLib, you could call it from C# / VB / Java or whatever code as needed.

Is there a reason the custom notification doesn't work? It really seems to be an elegant and 100% reliable solution. (in terms of bidirectional communication with IP). If you flesh out your use case just a bit, we might be able to offer some advice or at least commiserate with you.
    Well, as a developer I try to keep things isolated to their particular function so, in my case, this particular subroutine checks on agent's availability (logged on, activated, not on a call, has skills and available for ACD). It was meant to be called from a customization point but now got moved into an API - hence the question. I did have to go to a custom notification initiator at this point but here's another question, as far as IceLib goes - as far as performance, would it make sense to use a handler to check for the agent availability or use IceLib to pull down the available agents? Our dilemma may seem strange but it's not coming from my mind - we are using the dialer in preview mode with a whole lots of customizations. Based on how a lead ranks, there is a particular order of which group of reps gets that lead but, we always want to take it ASAP (worked great with ACD and callbacks/skills). Our design now is to have multiple campaigns for these different buckets and the API I'm developing (.NET) is taking care of checking if someone is available in a particular campaign - since this is a function that may be reused, I made it a subroutine. Again, nothing against custom notifications, it's just another handler with a couple of steps, was hoping it can be done via IceLib is all