Thread: Role Allocation

Question Role Allocation

I have an issue where two roles that are setup exactly the same way behave differently when allocated to an agent.
    Example;
    Role 1 - when applied to an agent, agent logs into dialler and ICBM picks up the agent in the stats, shows them as an idle agent and subsequently delivers them calls.
    Role 2 - setup the same as Role 1 (just a different name), when applied to the agent the dialler doesn't pick up the agent as logged in and idle and doesn't deliver them calls.
    Any ideas on what may be missing here?

Dialer monitors ACD workgroups to know which campaign the agent should be a member of. Roles don't assign workgroup membership but you can set it up so if you are a member of a workgroup you get a role assigned to you. I'm going to assume the workgroup membership is different between the 2 agents and that is why one agent appears in the campaign and the other one doesn't. Check the workgroup membership and let me know how it goes.

Or, perhaps the licensing on the agents is different. Or you ran out of Advanced Dialer session licenses. Or any number of things.

Check the ACDServer trace log for errors, and the Microsoft Application event log, and probably the DialerServer trace log.
    George Ganahl
    Principal Education Technology Consultant

The issue actually occurs even when the role is changed for the same agent (as a test).
    Example;
    Agent A is assigned Role 1 and Workgroup 1 and appears in ICBM as an idle agent and is able to take dialler calls.
    Agent A is then assigned Role 2 (setup exactly the same as Role 1 just a different name, again as a test), still has Workgroup 1 and doesn't appear in ICBM as an idle agent and can't take calls.
    Hope this makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Dialer monitors ACD workgroups to know which campaign the agent should be a member of. Roles don't assign workgroup membership but you can set it up so if you are a member of a workgroup you get a role assigned to you. I'm going to assume the workgroup membership is different between the 2 agents and that is why one agent appears in the campaign and the other one doesn't. Check the workgroup membership and let me know how it goes.
    In this case the Workgroup hasn't changed as we tested with the same agent, only the role changed.

The only difference between the two roles is one has less Status Messages assigned within it.
    Last edited by pveljovic; July 3rd, 2017 at 18:45.

I agree with George, you are going to have to go look in the dialer and ACD logs to see why Dialer is not picking up the user.

As a test, try adding those missing Status Messages. It's possible that one is required by Dialer, perhaps?

If that fixes it, remove them one at a time until it stops working again...

HTH
    Paul Simpson
    Technical Sales Systems Engineer