Thread: SMS with Twilio

SMS with Twilio

Has anyone worked with Twilio? We are changing brokers and they seem to be pretty good from a cost perspective but just wondering how their platform and support rate.

Thanks,

Bill

Twilio...

I've done some testing with them and am currently integrating them for a PureConnect/CIC solution. I've been impressed so far with their support, configuration options, and pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by dcurrier View Post
    I've done some testing with them and am currently integrating them for a PureConnect/CIC solution. I've been impressed so far with their support, configuration options, and pricing.
    Were you able to integrate with them using an XML mapping file in the i3sms folder?

SMS Broker Config

The first time I did testing with Twilio, I had to manually create a new SMS Broker config (xml file, etc.). But in current versions of PureConnect/CIC, Twilio already has a Broker in place that just needs to be configured in Administrator. The most frustrating part of using SMS with CIC at the moment, is that there isn't a top-level media type for SMS yet. Well, there is IF you're just sending a one-off SMS message from the client. But if it is an inbound ACD SMS conversation, it's a sub-type of Chat and differs slightly based on how the inbound routing is configured.

We ended up getting the file from Genesys support and after a few tweaks we were able to get it working with our version. How would you say the experience has been working with Twilio?

Twilio

Excellent.

Not working here

Hi,

I just ran into this thread.

As a matter of fact I have been trying to setup the Twilio broker with our test environment to test SMS conversations with customers.
    For inbound SMS no problem, but when I reply from within the interaction the SMS is not being sent back to Twilio.

I have changed the MT URL to https and I have toggled between a basic and secure encryption.

The logs show the following message HTTPS URI requested on an unsecure broker connection.

I am stuck at this moment, so hopefully you guys have some tips I can try.

Rgds,

200_OK

Ssl

I believe this message shows up when HTTPS is not enabled on the broker, but the outbound address is HTTPS. Twilio requires HTTPS for all API connections so it must be used. Due to how CIC handles certificates (and switchover), a reverse proxy server is needed at the edge of the environment to handle the connection to Twilio. See the SMS technical reference for details.