Thread: Add Records on the fly. Status J

Add Records on the fly. Status J

Hi,

I made a new load (in Excel) for a contact list with a new column called STATUS with a J for all the records. After populating the Contact list via the Administrator, I verify in Database that records are in STATUS=J but the JIT table is empty. (Priority dialing is enabled and the campaign is ON)

What is the right way to populate a contact list with records on the fly to be dialed immediately (CIC2016R4)?

Thanks
    Last edited by jovtogo; November 21st, 2017 at 12:14. Reason: Add info

That should do it!

Open your database in Management Studio and try to do a single record insert (with status J) and see if that populates the JIT table.
    Have a look at your contact list and see if there is a trigger configured on it for Inserts.

Don't forget that sometimes JIT can be a little TOO good and it may have dialed the numbers and given up before you got to look at the table! You could also try extending the period between scans of the table to reduce this likelihood.
    Paul Simpson
    Technical Sales Systems Engineer

Hi Paul, thanks for the answer.

As you suggested, I tried the insert directly in the CL. The trigger, i3_jitt_CL_xxx, showed up and the JIT table was populated correctly. After several tries via Administrator, the records were loaded in "J" status but the JIT table did not populate

Aha!

You didnít mention in your original post that you were uploading via IA! (The devil is always in the detail!)

In my experience, the trigger doesnít fire when using IA like this. I have no idea why and have never investigated it further. I would suggest reporting it to Support to get it properly looked in to and, assuming itís a real undocumented feature, flagged for fixing.

Most of the people I know who use JIT dialing, do so along with inserting directly into the table, usually connected with the back end to a web page or similar. This might be why the concern hasnít been raised before.

I am traveling at the moment, but as soon as I get near a computer, I will try to investigate a bit more for you. In the meantime, I know itís cold comfort, but it isnít just you!

HTH
    Paul Simpson
    Technical Sales Systems Engineer

Add Records on the fly. Status J

Yep, via IA. I used this way a lot in ININ v3. I am trying to contact support and find out if there is an issue or this is not an option anymore in V4.

Thanks

I don't know if you ever got a response from Support, but I took a quick look at the documentation and it does state "To dial new records inserted by this wizard, a recycle is required." It then directs to the priority dialing documentation, but to me this indicates that inserting as priority through the wizard isn't supported.

Because the priority feature works by using a trigger on the call list table, certain actions bypass the functionality, primarily doing bulk inserts, which bypass triggers. My guess would be that the contact list import wizard is doing a bulk insert. I can't speak to be behavior changing from 3.0 to 4.0+, but very possible if they changed the way the import is done (e.g., started using bulk inserts for performance improvements).