Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interaction Desktop Painfully Slow on Win 10 Ver 1709

Interaction Desktop Painfully Slow From Win 10 1703 to 1709

We found that the update from 1703 where clients ran fine to Win 10 Pro Ver. 1709 Build 16299.125, the Desktop and Business Manager clients now consume allot of CPU and run incredibly slow. Our desktop support people say its particularly this build of Win 10. Both clients consume almost all the CPU on a Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.2 Ghz with 8 gigs ram installed. Dell standard desktop computer. Logs do show a high number of Took Too Long Warnings. The same software and specs on a Windows 7 - no performance issues at all. The clients are quick and snappy.

Any ideas or comments would be awesome! Changing or adding views or normal navigation is almost impossible. CIC2017 R2_P1 is what we're running. Carbon Black or CB Defense is our virus solution and things do not change when the AV is bypassed or disabled. Any ideas or thoughts would be great! More details. I have uninstalled all default Windows 10 apps as possible, Cortana as well. Privacy settings tweaked as much as possible but seeing extreme latency and high CPU in the desktop application. This is an enterprise windows tower so no weird stuff.

Thanks
    Guy
    Last edited by Guy Wenzel; December 15th, 2017 at 13:46.

We found that .Net Framework 4.7.1 seem to bring all Interaction Applications to a crawl. We reverted back to 4.7.0 and have not investigated the issue further with I3.

The update was pushed out in the November MS release, we found it in KB4033342.

Thank you! I will try that. I just started down the long slow road of a ticket with Genesys.

Guy

May I ask more details? How will you stop a future Win 10 build/update? Or your just waiting to see if more customers experience this and Genesys reacts?

thanks
    Guy

Our current solution, which isn't very scalable, is having the known patches that upgrade .Net to 4.7.1 excluded in our patching system. With each new patch release by Microsoft we are reviewing to ensure none of them upgrade .net

From my original discussion with Genesys i was told that .Net 4.5.0 or higher is supported, but that .Net isn't something actively being updated in new releases. So we can do troubleshooting and if they discovered 4.7.1 is causing problems with existing releases they probably wouldn't release a patch fixing it. I got the impression that Genesys is moving away from .net and doesn't want to spend alot of time with trying to resolve issues with it. At the time i opened the ticket, they had no other Customer reporting it and were pushing back that it was something in our environment.

Since i had a temp solution in place and right now don't have them time to go down the Log Rabbit hole with them, i have put investigating it on the back burner but hope early next year to pick it back up again.

Thank you,
    Scott.

Just did a Webex with Genesys to demonstrate the issue and things are starting to wake up over there.

Thank you very much for your assistance!
    Communities ROCK!
    Guy

If you go look at the windows OS section of testlhttp://testlab.inin.com/ProductsPage...ProductType=20 You can see that there is a note of a minimum version of CIC to support windows build 1709. However as I dig around a bit more there seems to be some indication that Windows 10 build 1709 (fall creator update) is not supported until 2018 Rx.

Ok. I'll dig around as well.

Thanks
    Guy

Upgrading to 2018 R1 didn't help at all, tried that.

Can anyone explain how to revert .Net 4.7.1 to 4.7.0?

Thanks

Thanks for trying! That was my next move as well. Also, I do not know how to roll back to 4.7.0 either. Just an FYI, I have had a Genesys rep on a Webex to look at this.

Ugh!
    Guy

Well, to be honest, it is somewhat better (CPU at 35 now as appose to 60) but still painfully slow.

Genesys will recompile the client with advanced logging to determine the cause what new gift from Microshaft!

Great, please keep us posted.

Thanks

Keep checking on how to rollback to 4.7.0. Anything we get from Genesys short of a hot fix will take time to roll out.

So we found that 4.7.1 was installed on windows 10 via Patch KB4033393 and uninstalled that via Control Panel ->Program--> Programs and Features--> Installed Updates. We then had to download the .net 4.7.0 offline installer to reinstall 4.7.0

You can use the following Registry location to check the .Net framework Version installed.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Net Framework Setup\NDP\V4\Full

We are currently using 4.7.02053.

Hope this helps.

Thank you
    Scott