Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interaction Desktop Painfully Slow on Win 10 Ver 1709

Genesys is now aware of the issue and is working on an SCR. In the mean time they provided this link to assist those who can follow these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows-10-17

Thanks
    Guy

Any word on if any of the versions of CIC have been patched so they don't slow down with .net 4.7.1? Originally I thought I saw CIC 2018 R1 was not impacted but then it looked like there were mixed results.

Actually, it more then likely would be all versions. Microsoft has changed the System.Diagnostics.StackFrame class.

"Applications typically rely on StackFrame when they throw .NET exceptions. If this occurs at a high rate (more than 10 incidents per second), applications can slow down significantly (tenfold) and run noticeably slower than before."

Therefore it could be any version. I'll post it as soon as I hear something.

Guy

SCR IC-147820 is being developed but not visible at this time. It does not resolve those of us with users at WIN 10 Ver 1709 is what I have heard at this time. More details to come.

Thanks
    Guy

There's a note on a test lab

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    If you go look at the windows OS section of testlhttp://testlab.inin.com/ProductsPage...ProductType=20 You can see that there is a note of a minimum version of CIC to support windows build 1709. However as I dig around a bit more there seems to be some indication that Windows 10 build 1709 (fall creator update) is not supported until 2018 Rx.
    If you see the note on a test lab
    "Validated on builds 1607->1709. build 1709 has high CPU utilization when trace level > 'status'"

so considering that issue is related to (quote from Microsoft support site) Applications typically rely on StackFrame when they throw .NET exceptions. If this occurs at a high rate (more than 10 incidents per second), applications can slow down significantly (tenfold) and run noticeably slower than before.
    So if the trace level is low that should help

But hope that Genesys will provide some more information and remedy.

I'm really afraid on Media servers and Interaction Edge appliances impact...