Thread: Pause Recording

Pause Recording

I have a handler that pauses recording based on keyword spotting. The idea is to do a secure pause during card payments. This works as expected for the audio recording, however it does not pause the video recording.

Is there a way to initiate Secure pause from a handler, or stop video recording from a handler?

2016R4P5

Thanks,
    Tim
    Tim Cannon

I do not believe you can initiate a Secure Pause in a handler. I ran into this issue a while back, and ended up creating a web service to handle the pause.

Info needed :)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanatron View Post
    I do not believe you can initiate a Secure Pause in a handler. I ran into this issue a while back, and ended up creating a web service to handle the pause.
    Hi Seanatron, I was also trying the same using secure pause in ICWS. The problem I am facing is that while creating the session I need to use the same userid who owns the intearction that I am trying to pause. Even a userid with admin privilege couldnt pause interaction of another user. Appreciate if you could share how the session initiation was handled when you developed. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijeesh View Post
    Hi Seanatron, I was also trying the same using secure pause in ICWS. The problem I am facing is that while creating the session I need to use the same userid who owns the intearction that I am trying to pause. Even a userid with admin privilege couldnt pause interaction of another user. Appreciate if you could share how the session initiation was handled when you developed. Thank you.
    I am performing my secure pause in IceLib. I generate the session with a service account that has access to all users' queue. The service takes a user id as a parameter and performs a secure pause on any interaction that is in a connected state.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanatron View Post
    I am performing my secure pause in IceLib. I generate the session with a service account that has access to all users' queue. The service takes a user id as a parameter and performs a secure pause on any interaction that is in a connected state.
    Thank you Seanatron. I tried hitting the API again with an admin account who has access to all user queue but getting the below error.

{"errorId":"error.request.accessDenied.noRights"," errorCode":-2147024891,"message":"The specified user or station does not have sufficient rights to perform this action."}

So for IceLib , is the service account created under Users in Administrator or is there any other place to create such an account?

Got it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijeesh View Post
    Thank you Seanatron. I tried hitting the API again with an admin account who has access to all user queue but getting the below error.

{"errorId":"error.request.accessDenied.noRights"," errorCode":-2147024891,"message":"The specified user or station does not have sufficient rights to perform this action."}

So for IceLib , is the service account created under Users in Administrator or is there any other place to create such an account?
    Never mind, I got it working... I was putting the call on hold and then trying to do a secure pause thats why i was getting the error.. The admin account having access to user queue was the key, thanks for that