Thread: Transfering chat from one Workgroup to another

Reykjavik, Iceland

Transfering chat from one Workgroup to another

Hello guys,

I know this might sound strange, but I have been trying to do a simple transfer of a Chat interaction from one queue to the next, and this is causing some very bad crashes of IP.

Does anyone have information about the tools requred to do a successful transfer.

What I need to do is, based on certain attributes, receive a chat In one group initially (Workgroup A). Then if the chat has this certain attribute I want to transfer it right away to another group (Workgroup B), but if it doesn't then it should transfer to Workgroup C.

Everytime I use the Transfer tool or Blind Transfer tool what happens is the chat creats a lot of messages and eventually crashes the IP service

I have tried everything I can think of, and even contacted support, but have not replied to my question.

I would very much appreciate if you have any logical explanation for me

Anderson, IN

Depending on the exact messages, I suspect you're probably creating a logical loop of some sort. One of the most common ways that this happens is when the transferred flag isn't correctly set in a subroutine.

Indianapolis, IN, USA

Transfer Interaction

If you are transferring a chat, you should be using the Transfer Interaction tool on the Web Interaction Tools tab.