Thread: Caller ID for Outlook contacts

Caller ID for Outlook contacts

System CIC 3.0 SU4 HMP 3.0
    Is there a way to configure IC to match phone numbers corresponding to contacts stored in Outlook so when a call comes in and that number is associated with a contact I have in Outlook, it will display the contact name instead of the number? I currently have an Outlook data source so the users can add there "Outlook Contacts" as a tab in the IC client. In researching this I think I need to configure RWP lookup somehow. I added the string "RWP_LOOKUP_PHONE_TYPES=HomePage,BusinessPhone,Bus inessPhone2,Mobile;" into the Additional Information box for my Outlook contact list source but that didn't work. Unless a refresh needs to happen for that string to be recognized or something?

Thanks

Click on the Contact Data Manager container in Interaction Administrator, then open Configuration in the right-hand pane. In the Configuration settings, you will see Reverse White Pages Lookup Sequence. Add the Outlook contact list source in there, at the bottom of the list (the system is supposed to look at Public sources first, then look at Private sources, top to bottom, and use the final match it finds). If the matches are not being found, move the source up in the list, but make sure it stays below any Tracker sources you see in there.
    George Ganahl
    Principal Education Technology Consultant

Cool thanks for the tip. After making this change it appears to work only sometimes. I even moved the Outlook contacts to the top of the list. I have logged out of the client and back in but it still does not resolve the name every single time. Any ideas?

Thanks

It will only resolve for inbound calls, not outbound calls. I think the calls need to be on the user's queue, not coming in on an ACD queue.

What do you see when the number does not resolve to a name?
    George Ganahl

Ok I have narrowed down the behavior. It looks like it takes one call into the system before it starts resolving. For example, after I enabled this functionality then I called my DID from my cell (which is in my Outlook contacts), my cell phone number only displayed. However ever subsequent call from my cell works now. I also tested this with a co-workers cell. The same behavior was exhibited. The first time he called my DID it only displayed his number, but evertime thereafter it displayed his name.

Thanks for the direction on this!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GGanahl View Post
    Click on the Contact Data Manager container in Interaction Administrator, then open Configuration in the right-hand pane. In the Configuration settings, you will see Reverse White Pages Lookup Sequence. Add the Outlook contact list source in there, at the bottom of the list (the system is supposed to look at Public sources first, then look at Private sources, top to bottom, and use the final match it finds). If the matches are not being found, move the source up in the list, but make sure it stays below any Tracker sources you see in there.

Is there a reason why I am not able to add the Outlook Contact list in here even though it is listed in the "Contact List Sources" ?

-Glenn
    I Think, Therefore I Am!

No reason that I am aware of. Works fine on my server
    George Ganahl

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GGanahl View Post
    No reason that I am aware of. Works fine on my server
    Great...can I borrow your server?
    I Think, Therefore I Am!

What settings do you have on the IC Data Source for the Outlook contacts, and on the Contact List Source for the Outlook Public or Private contacts?
    George Ganahl